The psychosocial team (PSS) of the Boat Refugee Foundation works on Lesvos in refugee camp Moria, where thousands of people stay. To be able to do a good job in this camp, knowledge about group processes is essential. It enables you to deal with people who stay in a hopeless situation, for a longer period of time, amongst people from many different cultures. In addition it is of great importance to be able to deal with aggression and behavioral problems resulting from this situation. Lastly, we are looking for knowledge about education to assist children and adults in their development.
As PSS volunteer you will carry out activities that focus mostly on children. These are mainly social activities such as game afternoons, film nights and excursions with women. In addition, several courses are offered, such as English lessons. The pss team works with fixed shifts, both during the day and in the evening.
What do we expect from you
- You are between the ages of 23 and 60
- You can stand your ground and you are physically and mentally healthy
- You are independent and flexible
- You are motivated to help people in refugee camp to move forward
- You can work well together in a team
- You have good command of the English language
- You are open to evening and night shifts, and you cope well with little sleep
- You cope well with emotional and confrontational situations, and you know how to separate work from your personal life.
- You are available at least two weeks. We prefer volunteers who are available for three weeks or more.
Who do we look for, for the PSS activities on Lesvos?
- Social workers
- Creative therapists
Interested? Fill out the application form on our website: https://bootvluchteling.nl/en/volunteering/volunteer-registration-2/
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
You can apply via the application form on our website.