District of Columbia
Saving Promise, a non-profit organization dedicated to reducing the prevalence of domestic violence in America, is seeking a volunteer Director of Operations to become a pivotal member of our leadership team.
Inspired by one woman’s courage and commitment, Saving Promise is leading the charge to unite communities, foster collaborations and catalyze action to disrupt the cycle of domestic violence that permeates every community in America. Saving Promise was founded on the belief that we must break the silence that jeopardizes the health and well-being of one in four men and women by mobilizing a movement focused on domestic violence prevention. And because no one individual, community or organization can solve this public health crisis on its own, Saving Promise is leading the way in building bridges across sectors to identify and scale evidenced-based prevention strategies.
You can join our group and help us if…
…you are passionate about volunteering and dedicating time and knowledge to make a difference. The ideal candidate possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and exceptional relationship-building skills, and is interested in supporting a startup operation. This position is perfect for someone who is looking to contribute their expertise and lead a mission-driven organization, someone who takes pride and is passionate about making a real impact in the world. Working with the Founder, this position includes a variety of responsibilities such as strategic planning, relationship development, fundraising, communications and marketing and community outreach.
If you like to volunteer your time and be a part of mission-driven, roll-up-your-sleeves environment, this may be the place for you!
Your contributions will be to enhance the following areas:
- Work in partnership with the Founder and Executive Board of Directors supporting overall strategic and operational strategy for the organization
- Help develop plans and set goals and priorities for key programs, partnerships and events
- Work with Founder and Board to establish annual fundraising goals and strategies
- Cultivate and nurture partnerships with individual donors, philanthropists, corporations, foundations and social impact investors
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
What qualifications are we looking for?
- Experience in nonprofit management
- Excellence in organizational management, set and achieve strategic objectives; and manage a budget
- Long term commitment to results and a “can do” mindset with an emphasis on accountability
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and culture
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, self-directed, and action-oriented
- Entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative approach to business planning.
This position is ideal for an individual interested in taking a leading role in a progressive national organization devoted to igniting major social change. The ideal candidate will be willing to provide a committed amount of time to support a dynamic start-up poised for major growth. Upon successfully launching key development initiatives, opportunities for part or full-time employment will be considered.
Location: Greater Washington, DC region
To Apply: Interested parties should send thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org