A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
PO Box 51225
Aloha, the Surfrider Foundation First Coast Chapter is seeking dedicated volunteers to serve on their nonprofit board.
The Surfrider Foundation is a community of everyday people who passionately protect our playground - the ocean, waves, and beaches -that provide us so much enjoyment.
You do not need to be a surfer to apply, simply be a passionate leader with a minimum hour a day to spare for official duties. All training is provided. Enclosed is a description of the role.
Must be a Surfrider Foundation Member,; 2 to 20 hours a week, 2-year commitment; one chapter meeting per month and/or Executive Committee meeting per month
- Takes notes at chapter meetings, including key decisions and action items, and distributes to attendees and Regional or National Staff in a timely manner (i.e. within one week of the meeting)
- Sends meeting reminders via email. This could be delegated or shared
- Writes letters to outside parties as needed including elected officials, donors, and others deserving thanks from the chapter
- Contributes to the chapter’s website and social media pages
- Maintains a supply of chapter stationary or has electronic letterhead
- Maintains EC member’s info in the Chapter Database
- Possibly -communicates to the chapter membership via mass emails
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
Email a brief introduction about yourself and why you’d like to volunteer with Surfrider