A few hours per week
Multnomah County and Portland Metro area
Are you a passionate caring person? Do you care about older adults? Do the issues of aging fascinate you? Do you want to make a difference in our community?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we invite you to join Elders in Action Thursday November 29th from 10-11:30am, 1411 SW Morrison St., to learn more about how to get involved. ALL AGES WELCOME.
RSVP Laura@eldersinaction.org or 503-595-7533.
Elders in Action is the voice for older adults in the Portland metro area. We advocate for change in the areas of housing, elder abuse and exploitation, isolation and access to services.
VOLUNTEERS are at the heart of the work that we do here at Elders in Action.
Our volunteer programs, training opportunities and other projects enable older adults and others in the community to find meaningful and vibrant work that benefits the lives of vulnerable older adults.
Regular Volunteer Opportunities:
· Advocacy & Civic Involvement
· Personal Advocate Program
· Community Education & Outreach (tabling, speaking, promoting Age Friendly business practices)
· Onsite office assistance & program assistance
· Event assistance
Current Volunteer Needs Include:
· Bilingual Volunteers (multiple languages)
· Volunteers in East Multnomah County
. Flexible work schedule
For more info contact Laura Berrutti (Laura@eldersinaction.org) 503-595-7533
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available