Family Violence Law Center Volunteer Board Member
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Family Violence Law Center
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
470 27th Street
The Board of Directors of the Family Violence Law Center (FVLC) is seeking individuals who are committed to FVLC’s mission. FVLC helps diverse communities in Alameda County heal from domestic violence and sexual assault, advocating for justice and healthy relationships. We provide survivor-centered legal and crisis intervention services, offer prevention education for youth and other community members, and engage in policy work to create systemic change.
FUNCTION: The Board of Directors actively governs and oversees the management of FVLC. The Board’s duties include fundraising, policy making, fiscal planning and management, strategic planning, board development, public relations, and supervision of the Executive Director.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Support the mission and philosophy of the FVLC
· Attend and participate in bi-monthly Board meetings, special Board meetings and FVLC sponsored events such as fundraising events, community awareness events and receptions
· Serve on at least one committee of the Board; committees generally meet during months without regular Board meetings
· Participate actively in fundraising including making personal contributions, organizing fundraising events, and soliciting contributions from individuals and corporations
· Prepare adequately for all meetings in order to assist in policy determinations and planning for FVLC
· Develop familiarity with issues of domestic violence through attending staff-led trainings and other available trainings
· Support the Executive Director in performing her duties
DESIRABLE BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
· Familiarity with a board member’s role from past board service or similar experience
· Expertise in fundraising, finance, public relations/marketing, legal and/or governance
· Represent ethnic and cultural diversity of Alameda County
· Alameda County resident
TIME COMMITMENT: Two-year term. Estimated 7-10 hours per month
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Volunteer Board Member” in subject line.
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter with “Volunteer Board Member” in subject line