Mock Interview and Speed Networking Opportunities
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by StreetWise Partners (DC)
1615 L St NW
District of Columbia
StreetWise Partners’ goal is to use the power of mentoring to reduce unemployment within disadvantaged communities of New York City and Washington D.C. The organization pairs business professionals with mentees who are unemployed/underemployed in order to provide them with the skills, resources and access to networks that they need to secure and maintain employment.
StreetWise Partners has developed an incredible reputation for quality programming and volunteer opportunities. Since 1997, the organization has served 6,000 mentees through the support of 10,000 volunteers. Our volunteer opportunities allow for meaningful, hands-on interactions that support professional skill building for our mentees.
In addition to mentoring, StreetWise Partners offers meaningful one-time volunteer events. Join StreetWise Partners at our Speed Networking and Mock Interview Days.
During Speed Networking, you will:
- Help our mentees enhance their networking skills
- Expand their professionalism
- Provide feedback on mentees' elevator pitches in a fast-paced, lively networking workshop all while building your own professional network!
During Mock Interview Day, you will:
- Conduct 3 Mock Interviews in the roles of HR Manager, Line Manager and CEO.
- Provide feedback to our mentees on their interviewing skills
- Give advice on how to ace the next job interview
Speed Networking Dates: May 12th, 11:30am - 2:00pm OR May 16th, 6:30pm - 9pm
Mock Interview Dates: June 6th, 6:30pm - 9pm OR June 9th, 11:30am - 2pm
Interested? Register for an upcoming event here: https://streetwisepartners.org/dcvolunteer-event-form/
Please contact Monica Floyd, Program Manager, if you have any questions at email@example.com