Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Brand New Congress is a political action committee (PAC) dedicated to running candidates for political office on a post-partisan platform that appeals to average Americans across the country. Our focus right now is the 2018 midterm election, and we are currently supporting 29 candidates in their run for Congress.
Our candidates pledge to support the platform in its entirety, thus creating a unified national voice where people can vote their conscience, and not for the personality or party of the politician. That's why we're running Democrats, Republicans, and Independents who believe in and support the populist reforms found in our platform, thereby dispensing with political labels.
Furthermore, our candidates pledge to refuse corporate PAC and corporate lobbyist money. All of our candidates accept small-dollar donations averaging $13 per person. Our majority volunteer-led organization works tirelessly towards this goal by recruiting and endorsing Democrats, Republicans, and Independents who will make up our pre-formed caucus to enact the common-sense legislation for which Americans have been waiting. Laws that invest in renewable energy, end mass incarceration, and guarantee a living wage is way overdue. Average citizens want to see these ideas put into action, and the political and corporate classes have consistently stood in the way of that vision.To learn more, visit brandnewcongress.org
- BNC needs an organizer who can help our team of leaders and volunteers in various ways:
- Conduct meetings and organize teams; is a good public speaker
- Is a self starter
- Will be willing to make calls to our supporters
- Will be a brand ambassador and show public support for BNC
- Is willing to be trained on all of our tools and accept ongoing tasks if bandwidth permits
- Has the ability to juggle projects
- Can attend meetings at least 3x per week
- Gets along with others and is a team player
- Willing to learn BNC messaging to communicate with volunteers and supporters
Looking for volunteer with minimum 15 hours per week to contribute. Should be regularly active and responsive in our communication tools (Slack, email).
The right individual will be able to quickly integrate into our team and become a vocal contributor to improving the BNC organization and our mission.
How To Apply
Please email email@example.com with "Organizer" as the subject.
In your message, include:
- A short description of how you found BNC and your interest in the organization or platform
- Resume or list of experiences related to role.
Feel free to reach out with any and all questions.