Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Westchester Athletics Incorporated is a non profit youth organization that offers sports and mentoring to the youth in the Westchester, NY and surrounding areas. Our mission is to enhance each athlete’s skill to their fullest potential, while fostering a family like environment. We pride ourselves in offering a caring and structured atmosphere that will assist each Athlete to fall in love with the sport of their choice, while having fun. Our vision is to build a well rounded individual, by creating a sense of belonging, building confidence, developing valuable skills such as, team building, time management, strong work ethic, and dedication
Since the start of Westchester Athletics Inc. in March 2017, we have grown from a 9u travel basketball team of 9 athletes, to currently having 3 basketball teams in the 9u,10u, and 11u age groups and a travel 9u baseball team. Our basketball teams have played in multiple tournaments in westchester County and the Bronx, and won multiple championships. This past June, our 9U boys qualified to play in Nationals in Boston, where they made it to the championship game.
Westchester Athletics Inc. is currently looking for a dedicated and patient coach to join the team in supporting our 11U athletes by building and improving their skills and knowledge of basketball. The coach will practice, train, and mentor the boys on the team. Coaches and Assistant Coaches work together and collaborate to continue fostering a family like environment between the teams.
- Engaging athletes during practice and training sessions
- Communicate and engage parents regarding the team, games, and practices
- Create weekly training/practice drills for the team
- Assess skills and knowledge of each athlete
- Knowledgeable about the game of basketball, basketball terminology, and drills
- 3 years experience of training or coaching youth basketball.
- Passion for the sport
- Trainers must be able to commit to being present for at least 5 hours a week during the off season, and about 10 hours a week during season, which covers practices and games.
- One season commitment minimum, but two seasons is preferred
How To Apply
Please send an updated cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your interest in the position along with relevant experience.