Be part of the bump and grind at The Burlesque Hall of Fame museum!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Burlesque Hall of Fame
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Burlesque Hall of Fame
1027 S Main St #110
The Burlesque Hall of Fame, a museum located in downtown Las Vegas and dedicated to the history and living legacy of burlesque, seeks volunteers for a variety of roles in the museum, including:
- Collection Volunteers: Assist with organizing, cataloguing, and conserving the museum’s collection of artifacts including stage costumes and props, publicity photographs, and personal belongings from some of burlesque’s biggest stars.
- Museum Guides: Lead individuals and groups through the msueum's exhibitions, offer assistance where needed, and maintain the cleanliness and safety of the museum's public spaces.
- Program Volunteers: Assist with setting up, carrying out, and cleaning up after daily programs and special events (sometimes during non-business hours)
- Visitor Service Volunteers: Greet visitors, ring up admissions and museum store sales, assist staff with store maintenance and inventory, and answer visitor questions.
The Burlesque Hall of Fame is committed to all aspects of diversity and accepts volunteers regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, and physical disability. All necessary training will be provided. Volunteers should meet the following qualifications:
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to work under stringent museum and preservation standards.
- Interested in burlesque, cultural history, and/or museum practice.
- Due to the adult nature of our collection, volunteers must be over 18.
For more information, please contact Buttercup at email@example.com with information about yourself and your availability. Resumes accepted but not required.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Must be 18 or older and able to commit 4 hour blocks of time weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. Please contact Buttercup at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview.