A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Fit and Food Connection is a non-profit serving people in northern St. Louis. We provide food assistance to low income families, and empower people to get healthy through free fitness and nutrition education.
On a weekly basis, our non-profit picks up, sorts, and delivers food donations from partners throughout the community to local families in need. Currently, we are in need of someone to manage the food intake phone lines.
Food Intake Line Coordinator
This person will communicate directly with clients being served and will need to be comfortable working with diverse people. They will complete there intake sheets over the phone and see if the clients qualify for the program by obtaining necessary documentation. The Food Intake Line Coordinator will get all forms, clients information to administrative assistant before food delivery day so that it is approved and routes can be created for drivers.
- Responds to calls from new families seeking food assistance and asks intake questions to determine eligibility,
- Must be able to return the phone calls
- Compiles list of families, including phone number, address, and household size,
- Shares weekly intake with pantry to assure food delivery to each client for the week they called in,
- This person will be able to work from home,
- Work a minimum of 1 time per week for 3-4 hours a week
This is an opportunity for volunteers to directly connect and communicate with fellow members of the community! We would prefer someone who can take this task on for a longterm commitment, a minimum of 1 year. If this sounds like something you would like to do, we would love to hear from you!
Come help us get those in need empowered, smiling and healthier!
Please fill out our volunteer survey at: http://fitandfoodconnection.org/volunteer-survey-2/
To find out about more our organization please visit: http://fitandfoodconnection.org/
- Training Provided