Orphanage Program for Interns and Volunteers
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Seeds of Change Cameroon
Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Behind Nfou House
As a volunteer,you will work in one of our 5 orphanages.
Some of the children in the orphanages were abandoned after birth due to parents death or left in the streets to fend for themselves.
These Children are extremely disadvantaged and encounter a lot of hardships in their daily life.They are deprived of many opportunities necessary for their development. They childred have never experienced loving, caring and stable relationships.
As an orphanage volunteer with Seeds of Change Association, you will help vulnerable children. The children will receive much needed attention, compassion, hope, encouragement, support and love from you. Through the education and compassion they receive from you, the children are empowered to challenge life, poverty and exploitation.
our volunteer orphanage placements or voluntary work with disadvantaged children is very fulfilling. Volunteering in orphanages in Cameroon will be one of the most challenging, positive, life-changing, and rewarding experiences of your life.
Working in our orphanages is not difficult. Volunteer orphanage work typically involves:
- Teaching the school going children and helping them to do their homework after school Help in keeping the children busy and organizing educational and recreational activities for them (games, art, music, crafts etc.)
- Helping to keep the children’s home clean.
- Helping with and monitoring the cleanliness of the children.
- Basic chores such as cooking, washing of dishes, laundry, building structures etc.
- Helping the children to learn common courtesies, moral education etc.
- Making suggestions to the home manager for improvement.We invite individuals, couples, families, students, researchers, and groups (churches, colleges, and student associations) for our voluntary orphanage work.
Our orphanage volunteer programs are flexible and volunteers can arrive and depart on any day all year round.
The children’s home projects make for perfect volunteering work for college students and youth volunteering.
By volunteering at an orphanage in Cameroon, you have the unique opportunity to make a real contribution to the community, while experiencing the rich Cameroon culture and different aspects of life in Bamenda.
We organize safaris and expeditions for all our volunteers in Cameroon. Payment for this is separate.
ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS:
You will stay in the orphanage or in our volunteer home. 1 - 3 volunteers will typically be based in the same orphanage and 2 - 5 volunteers in bigger orphanages with more than 100 orphans.Rooms for singles, couples and families avialable.Much to enjoy as far as tourism is concern.
Language/Cultural Support Available