Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Volunteers Needed to Help a Child Learn to Read!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by OneOC
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Someone Cares Soup Kitchen
OneOC hosts RSVP volunteers in local Orange County nonprofits to ensure that those most in need of Education, Food Security, Food Delivery and Employment receive the help they need most. RSVP volunteers choose where and how often they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours a month to 40 hours per week.
Benefits of RSVP:
• Personalized Matching — RSVP Orange County has over three decades of experience in matching volunteers with opportunities to meet community needs. We are here to find you the right opportunity for your passions, skills, interests, and your schedule
• Volunteer Insurance — excess accident medical coverage while volunteering
• Recognition — members are eligible for annual recognition including the Presidential Volunteer Service Awards, special events and more
• Community Engagement — newsletters, e-news, website including new opportunities, events, training opportunities and more
Hours of Volunteer Service: RSVP volunteers can give 1-40 hours weekly, whatever fits your lifestyle! Weekly time commitment for this position is a minimum of 1 hour, Monday through Friday.
Wage: This is a volunteer opportunity.
Volunteer Placement: Parentis Foundation seeks to address a major contributor to poverty – the inability of children to read proficiently by the end of third grade. Through an intergenerational approach, we will provide both older adult volunteer tutor/mentors and children with opportunities to enrich their lives, build self-confidence, and share a sense of purpose through literacy.
Position: Volunteer Readers, ages 55 and above, are needed to help children in Kindergarten through 3rd Grade learn to read. All reading will take place at Someone Cares Soup Kitchen in Costa Mesa, CA.
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to participate as an RSVP Volunteer, the candidate must be age 55 or older and complete the RSVP application.