Workforce Development Class Co-Teacher or Class Assistant- Evening
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by YWCA National Capital Area
Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
2303 14th St. NW, Ste. 100
District of Columbia
Help adult learners improve their chances of finding a job and breaking out of poverty!
We are looking for passionate, patient, and personable volunteers to assist staff instructors and/or other volunteer instructors in facilitating and leading workforce development classes at least once a week. Classes are from 5:30-6:30PM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the Spring term, which runs from April 23 through June 21, 2018. You can choose to volunteer on one or several days.
Volunteers will be asked to:
- Attend a pre-service orientation and training
- Assist students one-on-one and in groups
- Develop and facilitate lessons and activities for learners based on their needs
- Answer any student questions regarding workforce issues
- Coordinate with staff and other volunteers co-teacher on student needs
Volunteering as a co-teacher or classroom assistant is a great way to give back to your community, help adults develop new and useful skills, and have fun while doing it!
How To Apply
Contact Jessica Wabler at email@example.com or call 202-626-0700 for more information.