AmeriCorps VISTA position for Research & Evaluation at SAVE
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Flint Hills Volunteer Center
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
AmeriCorps VISTA members make a full-time, one-year commitment to alleviate poverty in a particular community. Their role in alleviating poverty is to mobilize community resources, increase the capacity of the low-income community to achieve its goals, and ensure that the activities initiated or expanded as an AmeriCorps VISTA member are sustained by the community.
Program: The SAVE Farm is a teaching farm and healing center for transitioning service members and veterans whose mission is to:
- Provide accredited education and skills in a teaching farm environment
- Facilitate healing for those in need, helping service members regain life fulfilling purpose
- Assist in post-training placement on working farms.
Title: Research and Evaluation VISTA
Position Summary: As a VISTA member at SAVE, you will help transitioning service members and veterans learn agricultural vocations. Major functions include data collection for evaluation of internal systems as well as for evaluation of therapeutic elements of the program focusing on future research potential.
- Assess the current state of evaluation of internal systems and processes utilized by SAVE and create or revise the evaluation to improve its effectiveness and sustainability.
- Develop and implement processes for data collection of servicemembers and veterans participating in the SAVE program.
- Develop research briefs based on innovative and evidence-based practices that improve educational outcomes.
- Develop online components of the SAVE Progress Report.
- Be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or GED.
- Be a US citizen or a permanent resident alien.
- Complete successful criminal history background check.
- Communicate well with people from a variety of backgrounds, including service members
- Own a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Applicant should hold a four-year degree in agriculture, business, human services or something similar, or four years of relevant work experience, or a combination thereof.
- Independent worker
- Possess strong writing and organizational skills
- Experience with MS Office Suite, information management systems, and community partnerships.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided