Help us end AIDS as an Inventory support volunteer!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Housing Works Bookstore Cafe
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
126 Crosby Street
Housing Works is powered by a vibrant community of volunteers who lend their time, dedication, and passion to many different roles within our organization. For more information about our mission and programs, visit our website: www.housingworks.org
The Inventory & Internet Sales Associate volunteer position is a great opportunity to discover thousands of books you may not get to see elsewhere! In this role, you help to manage over 60,000 books listed online. You will process all of our customer orders, help pick books from shelves and pack them for shipping. Other responsibilities include helping process donations, organizing and maintaining shelves and the packing area, and moving boxes of books.
- Complete an online application. You can find it here: https://www.housingworks.org/volunteer/bookstore-cafe
- Be at least 16 years of age to be a sales associate, and at least 18 years of age to be a barista.
- Attend a New Volunteer Information Session, to which you will be invited shortly after you apply
- Commit to one four-hour shift per week for a minimum of six months. We are not recruiting short-term volunteers, so please apply if you can find a shift that will fit with your schedule for the next six months.
All Bookstore Volunteers are welcome to support us at exciting special events held at the Bookstore, such as concerts, book launches, and trivia events.
Volunteer Shifts Monday-Friday, 9-2p, 2-6p Saturday-Sunday, 10-2p, 2-6p
How To Apply
Please contact email@example.com with any questions