Special Needs Program Assistant (Volunteer)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by 211 Palm Beach/ Treasure Coast
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
211 Palm Beach
211 PALM BEACH/TREASURE COAST
SPECIAL NEEDS PROGRAM ASSISTANT
MAJOR FUNCTION: Assist Special Needs Advocate in updating community resources and assisting with community events.
REPORTS TO: Special Needs Advocate
1. Assist Special Needs Advocate in updating program resources.
2. Assist the Special Needs Advocate in doing internet research.
3. Assist the Special Needs Advocate by talking on the phone with representatives of organizations in order to improve services to our clients.
4. Assist in daily office duties.
5. Assist in preparing for and attending events in community.
1. Ability to quickly understand, adapt, use a computer with ease, and willing to learn new computer skills.
2. Attention to detail, organized and accurate.
3. Must feel comfortable talking on the phone.
4. Learns quickly, prioritize projects and works independently.
Skills and Experience
1. Possess basic computer skills to easily navigate using Microsoft Windows programs such as Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
2. Experienced in general office functions such as filing, organizing documents and using the telephone in a business environment.
- Training Provided