Microcredit Cooperative Support
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Volunteers Initiative Nepal (Empowering Marginalised Communities)
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Financially deprived women do not have basic funds for investment; consequently, they have less chance of generating further income. VIN’s MicrocreditProject is one of the most important initiatives within our Women’s Empowerment Program for promoting economic empowerment among community women. We seek committed volunteer or interns to support the initiative and the over 500 women who have become a part of it.
While it is estimated that 40% of Nepali women are engaged in economic work, their roles as mentors and labourers are not recognised. Often denied an education and ownership of property, they remain confined in menial jobs within agriculture. They cannot change their circumstances without access to credit or training.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
- Complete this online Application form;
- Attach your updated resume/curriculum vitae (CV) with two referee's contact details(refarances can be for your work/university/family);
- Await confirmation from VIN for acceptace;
- VIN will confirm payment and send pre depature pack online;
- Full payment for the volunteer placement should be paid during your induction.