A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
2225 Enterprise Drive
The Suburban Primary Health Care Council is seeking interested candidates who are passionate about making a difference in the community with their time and talents. We are seeking to recruit a number of volunteer members for our Auxiliary Board, and expect that different candidates will bring a range of skills and experience to the Board. This is a volunteer position.
- Belief in the Council’s mission-- providing access to quality health care for all
- Willingness to act as an ambassador for the Council
- Identify new prospects and potential sponsors including through personal solicitation
- Create a calendar of special events/event to fulfil annual fundraising and friend raising goals
- With support from staff, take the lead on securing sponsorships, marketing and encouraging maximum turnout for special events.
The board is an excellent opportunity to make connections with like-minded individuals committed to providing access to quality health care to all. Auxiliary Board members have the opportunity to gain valuable skills in event planning, fundraising, and health advocacy, while volunteering and making new friends and building a network!
If this is an opportunity that interests you please contact Ms. Swapna Naidu, development manager at swapnaN@sphcc.org or call the office at 708 531 0680.
About the Suburban Primary Health Care Council:
The Suburban Primary Health Care Council has, through its Access to Care program, been filling the gap for the uninsured and underinsured individuals of Cook County for 30 years. Serving more than 5000 low income members every year, Access is to Care is a primary care safety net for those individuals not eligible for public assistance. Increasingly we are also serving the underinsured-those who cannot afford the high deductibles of their insurance plans.