MENTOR2.0 volunteers needed with Big Brothers Big Sisters!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Milwaukee
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
NOW ENROLLING MENTORS FOR FALL 2018!
mentor2.0 is a technology-enriched mentoring program helping high school students offered by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Milwaukee. It provides support and guidance, helping high school students graduate and succeed in both college and the workforce.
HOW CAN I MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
As a mentor, you can be an important part of Big Brothers Big Sisters goal to ensure that students graduate from high school, and successfully enroll in higher education.
BY BECOMING A MENTOR, YOU WILL:
- Help improve the graduation rates of low income, first-generation college students.
- Help catalyze a student’s future success.
- Help increase college enrollment of these groups.
- Improve persistence in staying in college through the first year.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Mentors will be matched with a Veritas High School student, usually a freshmen, and work with them through a curriculum that builds skills for college and career success.
- Matches interact through a combination of online curriculum and in-person mentoring.
- Professional guidance is provided by Big Brothers Big Sisters staff.
- mentor2.0 curriculum includes: Problem Solving Skills, Motivation, Career exploration, Use of Soft Skills in Interviewing, Leadership, Coping with Stress, College Admissions Process, and more!
WHAT ARE THE VOLUNTEER MENTOR REQUIREMENTS?
- mentor2.0 volunteers must be at least 21 years old, have a minimum of a two-year college degree, and commit to being a mentor for at least two years.
- Professionals with real life work experience are encouraged to apply.
HOW DO I GET MATCHED?
- Visit bbbsmilwaukee.org/volunteer to learn more and start the application process.
- Meet with Big Brothers Big Sisters staff for an in-person interview and complete pre-match training.
- Once approved, matches are made when classes begin in the fall, and are based on shared interests, personalities, and experiences.
*Recruitment and enrollment is currently on-going, please contact us to learn more!
- Training Provided