Friendly Visitors Needed for Hospice Agency
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Heartland Hospice Santa Clara
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1575 Old Bayshore Highway
What is Hospice?
Hospice is a special kind of care designed to provide comfort as well as spiritual and emotional support for people in the final phase of a terminal illness. Heartland Hospice's program utilizes a team approach to meet the physical, social and spiritual needs of our patients and their families.
Volunteers are the heart of our hospice team. We depend on our hospice volunteers to help us provide the extra love and care our patients and their families need at this time in their life.
As a volunteer, your talents can be utilized in the following way(s):
- Friendly visitors offer on-site companionship or respite care to our patients.
- The Vigil volunteer is called to provide companionship and presence to patients and families during the actively dying stage. When families or friends are unavailable, Vigil Volunteers are ready to offer support to the patient. (On Call)
As a Heartland Hospice volunteer, you can donate as much of your time as you desire.
As a volunteer, you will love the sense of self-satisfaction you will receive from enriching our patients and families lives.
Free training sessions are available for all volunteers. Minimum age is 18.
- Reliable transporation to visit patients.
- Flexible schedule to visit patients.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
For more information, please contact Teri Brown, Volunteer Coordinator, at 408-450-7850 or via email Teri.Brown@hcr-manorcare.com.