English Language Learner (ELL) Program Coordinator
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Iowa International Center
Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Iowa International Center
3839 Merle Hay Road, Suite 259
Are you interested in helping refugees and immigrants get out of poverty?
If yes, please consider applying to be our AmeriCorps VISTA member with the Iowa International Center. We need a program coordinator for our English Language Learning (ELL) program. Currently, we serve about 75 adult students annually from a variety of backgrounds, including Somalia, Congo, Sudan, Myanmar, Eritrea, Iran, and Syria.
The need: Between 2000 and 2015, there was growth in foreign-born Iowans of 63.3 percent, creating unmet demand for quality English Language Learner (ELL) curriculum with well-trained instructors for refugee and immigrant populations in Iowa. Our VISTA will improve capacity of our ELL program through:
- Building volunteer capacity through recruitment, training, and management
- Supporting ELL curriculum development and implementation
- Supporting nonprofit processes and communications
- Creating community connections and assisting with fundraising around the ELL program
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
Please take a look at our AmeriCorps VISTA position description. I encourage you to apply if this looks like an area where you would like to serve: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=79324
Also, feel free to contact me directly via email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this opportunity further.