A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
c/o Creative Visions Foundation
18820 Pacific Coast Hwy Suite 201
EOTO World uses the talents of professionals to advance its mission in order to develop effective global youth activists working toward the international agendas aimed at eradicating poverty and building a culture of peace. The organization is looking to bring on an enthusiastic teaching expert to its remote-based team.
People of Peace (POP) empowers individuals with education and tools to implement a culture of peace. We maintain a sister site known as the POP Portal that houses a variety of resources for peace building. Access to the POP Portal includes free online peace education training webinars (POP TV), a virtual library, free to low cost access to custom community peace resources, and a social networking forum.
The POP Program volunteer will direct the POP program, ensuring the sustainability of its activities for EOTO World that is well crafted, mission-centered and effectively advances the strategic direction of the organization. The POP Program volunteer may manage a small team to implement strategy that includes a coordinator, an intern and project volunteers as needed.
This role is a part of a volunteer collective and as such, is non-paid. However, compensation is applied through the organization perks and recognition system where points accumulated are redeemed at the end of each fiscal year. The time commitment for this role is flexible and approximately 20 hours per month, including supervision and team meetings. This is a minimum 1-year commitment, renewable on an annual basis.
- Co-develop and manage implementation of strategic program operations
- Develop and oversee curriculum execution for the program
- Advance, monitor and evaluate the impact and reach of the program
- Assist in the recruitment,and training of program team members
- Manage and lead program team members as needed
- Provide input and co-management of the program budget
- Coordinate partnerships and act as an Ambassador for the organization as needed
The volunteer will be supported with opportunities for professional development, including access to online and of-line trainings that may be paid by the organization.
EOTO World honors time off with a total of 4 months worth of organization downtime that team members are encouraged to take time to unwind. In addition, requested time off is allotted for up to 2 days out of each month, excluding the 4 months of downtime automatically provided.
- Knowledge of a culture of peace and other relevant areas such as human rights, poverty eradication and sustainable development
- At least 1 year Curriculum development and teaching experience
- Program management and evaluation experience
- Project management experience
- Comfortable providing consultations and sessions using webinar technology and occasional physical meetings in your area of the world, where feasible
- Frequent, steady internet access, including the ability to participate in video conferencing
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, other languages a strong plus, especially official UN languages
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers