Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Looking for hands-on experience in the environmental field? Save The Bay’s Habitat Restoration Field & Office Fellowship provides three months of valuable exposure to skills in restoration ecology and community engagement. As the Restoration Fellow you will gain experience in native plant propagation and outplanting, invasive removal, seed and division collection, and work in our native plant nurseries. You will also learn about some of the native flora and fauna and travel to several of our restoration sites around the Bay. The fellow position also gains experience in development and outreach helping our office staff promote volunteer events, track our volunteer database, and assist with other assorted tasks as needed.
As a member of the largest team at Save The Bay, the Habitat Restoration Field & Office Fellow will help in the following activities:
- Join staff-only workdays. Projects include: site maintenance, outplanting, native seed and division collection
- Assist restoration specialists with our community-based volunteer programs at our restoration sites and native plant nurseries
- Help with plant propagation tasks at STB’s nurseries, including seed sowing, transplanting, divisions, fertilization, culling, and nursery maintenance
- Help build outreach and coordination materials for public and corporate volunteer programs
- Clean and weigh seed collections and update seed collection inventory
- Maintain volunteer contact data entry
- Restoration program data entry
- General administrative duties
- Interest in San Francisco Bay environmental issues and enthusiasm for Save The Bay’s mission and programs
- Minimum commitment of at least 24 hours a week for 12-16 weeks
- Ability and interest in working in the field with variable weather conditions
- Strong writing, communication and organizational skills
- Completion of at least two years of undergraduate education
- Knowledge of basic html, web-based tools and software programs
- Ability to complete tasks independently and work well in a team
- Ability to lift 40lbs repeatedly for specific field and nursery tasks
- Training Provided
How To Apply
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include the position title in the subject line.
Please review our website to find information on session dates and application periods for all of our Fellowship opportunities.