270 West 96th Street
Are you looking for a meaningful, yet fun & challenging summer experience? Are you passionate about working with people who have developmental disabilities? If so, Sprout may be exactly what you're looking for!
Sprout's Vacation Program provides 3-7 day excursions to popular tourist destinations for adults with mild-to-moderate developmental disabilities. Groups usually consist of 11 group participants and 3 Trip Leaders.
Sprout is currently looking for motivated individuals to serve as Vacation Trip Leaders this summer. Our leaders come from all walks of life and from all over the world, sharing their own life experiences with the group participants. The variety of backgrounds of our leaders adds unique perspectives and excitement to the trips.The work is hard yet immensely rewarding as you develop leadership skills and gain insight into your own abilities.
- Safety monitoring
- Personal hygiene assistance
- Providing physical and emotional support
- Activity planning
- Budget management
- Driving a 15-passenger van (not required, but a big plus!)
- Having fun!
NO special background or education is required to become a Sprout leader. We encourage people from ALL cultures and professions, and of all ethnic and educational backgrounds - but proficiency in English is required. Once accepted into the program, you will receive the necessary training to work with our trip participants.
Benefits to Volunteering with Sprout:
- Make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities
- No registration fees
- ALL expenses paid while on vacations (food, lodging, activities)
- Leaders receive a small stipend for each day co-leading trips
- Opportunity to get to know people from different backgrounds & cultures and visit totally new areas of the USA
- Flexible time commitment
- Gain leadership skills
- Challenging yet rewarding
- An unforgettable experience!
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers