Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
275 5th Street
About Homeownership SF
Homeownership SF is a collaboration of experienced, nonprofit housing counseling agencies which serves as a centralized resource for affordable homeownership and rental opportunities as well as foreclosure intervention education/counseling in San Francisco. For more information, visit: www.homeownershipsf.org.
- Learn about the landscape of affordable housing in San Francisco.
- Help financially distressed and low-income homeowners.
- Research data points to influence programs and advocacy for struggling homeowners in San Francisco.
- Tracking and data entry for citywide mortgage delinquencies, notices of sale and monthly foreclosure prevention activities.
- Outreach to distressed homeowners to connect them with foreclosure prevention services provided by member housing counseling agencies.
- Assist with the coordination of homeowner (post purchase) services and workshops.
- Collect and analyze housing and demographic data for program evaluation and advocacy for low-to-moderate income residents.
- Work with Homeownership SF staff to build relationships with local Homeowners Association groups to increase awareness of foreclosure prevention and promote support services for homeowners.
- Other office assistance and program support which may include: supporting program planning and implementation, creating and updating marketing materials, scanning and data entry, developing social media content for outreach, and more as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Basic competency using computers, scanner, printer and the internet.
- Basic math and typing proficiency.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to perform outcome oriented tasks independently and in groups.
- Cultural competence to interact effectively with people from different cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Experience using Excel and Word required.
- Bilingual in Spanish, Chinese/Cantonese, or Tagalog preferred, but not required.
- Experience using social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
This volunteer opportunity is also available as an internship. Internship requires a minimum time commitment of 8-10 hours per week throughout the semester.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Time and length of commitment are negotiable.