Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you have a flair for expressing the strength and impact of your vision in words? Do you want to impact lives for eternity using your skills?
Use that ability to write grants expressing the significance of JAARS ministry through your articulate writing. Support the Partnership Ministries Director by writing grant proposals, proofing, and researching.
You will help make Bible translation and language development possible, in the most remote and difficult places on earth!
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in US
- Generate proposals and grant applications with supporting documents
- Follow foundation's guidelines for each proposal
- Write creative solutions by translating concepts and information into images
- Keep calendar updated with deadline dates
- Maintain records to research and track proposals
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience Desired
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Willing to learn the donor database system
- Excellent organizational, editorial and writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Three or more years of administrative experience
- Journalistic experience is preferred
- 20–40 hours per week
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
- Proof of health insurance
- Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- Ages 14–17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are usually available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020