14 Bedford Square
Help grow an ambitious charity with a global vision of creating communities in cities where people thrive. We are looking for an experienced professional to help work on improving our strategy and running our day-to-day operations at the Foundation.
What will you be doing?
Our Strategy Operations Consultant will lead our strategy development and help optimise our operational activities with the following tasks, but not limited to:
- Helping in formulating the strategic direction of the Foundation;
- Liaison with relevant internal and external stakeholders;
- Helping with writing reports and proposals.
- Developing systems to optimise work operations and managing the daily operations and stakeholder communications.
- Identifying, researching and approaching new high value prospects for The Collective Foundation's short-term and long-term goals.
- Assist in programmes maangement and other events.
You will work directly with the Director of the Foundation, in a beautiful office space in Fitzrovia where The Collective is headquartered.
What are we looking for?
Ideally, we are looking for an experienced professional with a successful track record, who can confidently work on the Strategy and Operations segment of the organisation. We will, however, consider anyone who feels they have the aptitude and enthusiasm to get involved in aspects of the role, e.g. fundraising event coordination, research & development, and programmes management.
Our ideal addition to the team:
- Has passion for our mission and social entrepreneurship and innovation
- Has at least 2 years of experience with strategy and/or operations at previous organisations
- Is both a strategic thinker as well as someone who can do nitty-gritty work
- Has the charm to win over the hearts of our stakeholders
- Works well with the Director, our team, and the wider organisation of The Collective
- Would be interested in growing into a full-time role if they are successful as a volunteer
- Is based in London, though we are very flexible in terms of work arrangements
What difference will you make?
The Collective Foundation has supported social entrepreneurs to impact more than 700,000 people all over the world. Our vision is to create communities in cities where people thrive, everywhere. We're starting in London, but will move to New York, Berlin and many more global hubs over the next few years, launching programmes that unleash people's entrepreneurial potential and use it for social good.
You will join us at a very exciting part of our journey, a stage where anything in the future is still possible. You will contribute crucially to our initial growth - years down the line, we hope you can look back proudly and say you were there since the beginning (and maybe you still will be). By supporting our fundraising efforts, you will enable us to launch innovative new programmes that will impact people's lives on a massive scale, and that will expand globally if successful.
What's in it for the volunteer?
- Opportunity to contribute to an organisation with a grand ambition to positively impact people's lives globally;
- Join a friendly, small team within a wider organisation (The Collective);
- Work directly with the Executive Director and have tremendous say in the organisation's strategic direction;
- Opportunity to transition into permanent paid employment if successful in the role;
- Regular company events, team outings, weekly yoga, Friday drinks, office snacks and other small perks.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided