The World is Fun is growing and we are looking for awesome people, just like you, to join our volunteer staff. Our mission is to get people involved in giving back to the Seattle community and our volunteer staff makes this all possible. Volunteer staff members attend one monthly meeting (held on a Monday or Tuesday evening) and give 8-10 flexible hours per month with their role. After attending your monthly meeting, most of your role can be done remotely, and on your own time. We provide project management tools so you can have flexibility and still collaborate with your team. To apply for this role, or see our other openings, please visit: http://www.theworldisfun.org/ourteam/
What It Is: You will be responsible for sharing The World is Fun’s mission with Seattle.
What You'll Do
- Writing and copyediting of press releases, media pitches, and general short-form content for use on website, event materials, pamphlets, social media, etc.
- Contributing to team meetings on upcoming happenings that need PR support, providing unique and fresh ideas to further garner TWIF media and public attention.
- Working directly with media to coordinate and secure interviews, photo-ops, appearances, etc.
- Work together with fellow TWIF leaders and staff to determine scope of work and corresponding needs for various projects.
- Actively pursue PR opportunities for TWIF outside of one-off projects or events, keeping tabs on editorial calendar opportunities, local opportunities, bylines, etc.
- Study the objectives, promotional policies and needs of TWIF to develop PR strategies that will influence public opinion or promote ideas, products and services.
What You'll Have
- Ability to write well in many different facets, most importantly press releases and media pitches, understanding and utilizing proper AP style.
- Ability to turn multiple pieces of information into easily understandable, all-encompassing and fun content that is on-message and on-mission.
- Ability to act professionally and respectfully with media persons and represent TWIF and its mission accurately.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and contribute ideas confidently.
Apply here (cover letters strongly suggested): http://www.theworldisfun.org/ourteam/