Help Those in Need Receive the Tax Refunds They Deserve!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by CASH Oregon
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
CASH Oregon is seeking volunteers who wish to train and serve as tax return preparers, greeters and Spanish Interpreters for the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide program. No experience is necessary, and FREE training is provided. For more information or to apply, go to https://cashoregon.org/volunteer/ today!
- Hardworking Oregonians spend hundreds of dollars they cannot afford on tax preparation. You can offer a free alternative.
- Low-income tax credits, designed to support working families, create the most powerful anti-poverty program in the nation. These credits can provide over $6,000 for a family in need, yet 25% of eligible Oregonians do not receive it. You can help them get their credits.
- Taxpayers struggle with the increasing complexity of our tax system in a time of declining services from the IRS. This can be especially difficult for the elderly, workers with disabilities, English language learners and those without access to the internet. You can be their guide.
- A commitment of a minimum of 4 hours per week during tax season – February 1 to April 17, 2018
- For tax preparers, an average of 40 hours of training during December and January
- A compassionate, friendly and reliable person who is interested in making a difference in their community
Free training – No experience needed -Flexible hours at 50 locations
Apply at www.CASHOregon.org by November 25, 2017
Call: Camille at 503-243-7765
CASH Oregon and AARP Tax-Aide work in partnership in the state of Oregon.
At CASH Oregon, we don't just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees, volunteers, and taxpayers.