Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
World of Speed Motorsports Museum
27490 SW 95th Ave
Do you have a passion for motorsports, education, or museums in general? World of Speed Motorsports Museum in Wilsonville, Oregon, offers visitors an opportunity to learn more about motorsports culture and the rich history of motorsports in the Pacific Northwest. World of Speed recruits volunteers who enjoy working with the public and sharing the museum’s history with motorsports fans and newcomers alike. With a focus on education, simulator operator volunteers coach visitors on the operation of three race car simulators, including how to best navigate the track, during 12 minute driving sessions.
We offer training to all volunteers, and provide a fun and exciting environment where our volunteers can share their knowledge and continue to build on their own. Great museum benefits include discounts, guest passes, and a complimentary membership after 50 hours of service in a calendar year.
- Simulator Operators are asked to commit to one shift weekly or every other week.
- Typical shift: 9:30am-1pm or 12:30-5pm. Currently looking to fill weekend shifts.
- Simulator Operators are encouraged to volunteer as often as they can. Additional regular museum shifts and volunteering for special events are strongly encouraged.
- Attend training sessions and meetings as scheduled.
- Complete a minimum of 50 hours annually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Power simulators on and off and ensure they are properly functioning.
- Verify tickets for simulator time slots.
- Instruct visitors how to safely enter and exit simulators.
- Instruct visitors how to drive simulators and navigate courses.
- Direct visitors to the proper location to purchase simulator tickets.
- Answer questions about the museum and simulators.
- Determine, communicate, and enforce size requirements and limitations for each simulator.
- A knowledge and/or appreciation of motorsports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Group speaking experience.
- Willing and able to maintain rules and regulations.
- Friendly, service-oriented, and positive attitude.
- Ability and willingness to listen and effectively communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and age levels.
- Reliable and honest.
- Training Provided