SOCIAL MEDIA VOLUNTEER
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Citizens for Alternatives to Animal Research & Experiments
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Citizens for Alternatives to Animal Research & Experiments (CAARE) seeks an enthusiastic volunteer to provide support in our social media efforts. We are looking for an experienced and creative individual to help us expand our social media presence, promote our campaigns and improve our outreach. The volunteer will work closely with our Executive Director and will have the opportunity to exercise her/his design, writing and communication talents to engage our supporters.
CAARE promotes the use of modern technology to replace outdated and cruel animal experiments by disseminating information that demonstrates how the abundance of new, cutting-edge technologies can successfully replace animal research. CAARE works toward shifting the current paradigm of massive, repetitive, and unnecessary animal testing by supporting policies and legislation that reduce animal suffering, numbers of animals used in research, and promotes alternatives.
· Write and post engaging content on CAARE’s social media platforms in keeping with our voice and branding
· Creating memes, Facebook ads and other visual content for social media
· Monitor conversations and online activity across a variety of social networks and channels
· Develop and maintain content across a variety of social networks (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
· Increase traffic to website and social media pages
· Expand engagement with CAARE’s campaigns using social media
· Assist in measuring and analyzing the results.
· Handle other assigned tasks relating to social media as needed and requested by CAARE.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices
- Knowledge of graphic design and creating images and memes for social media
- Proficiency in using social media for brand awareness and impressions
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent research and writing skills
· Passion for animal advocacy, especially for seeing an end to the use of animals in experiments
· Commit to at least 10 hours per week
This is an unpaid, volunteer position. The applicant may arrange for academic credit through his/her college.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email to: applytocaare<at>gmail<dot>com
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at http://www.caareusa.org/