No Kill Animal Shelter Looking For Adoption Assistants
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Animal Care Sanctuary
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
PO Box A
Animal Care Sanctuary is a no kill shelter that has been a nonprofit for over 51 years. At any point in time there are hundreds of dogs & cats in residence, getting the care & attention they need, until they find the right forever home. These animals come from overrun shelters from across the US, owner surrenders, abused/hoarding situations, puppy mills, areas hit by disaster, etc.
Purpose: Aid in adoption process tasks
- Assist adoption coordinator in completing adoption application tasks such as: updating medical records, calling references, reviewing applications & assessing the need for a home visit/inspection.
- Provide friendly and knowledgeable service, answering questions in a professional manner and deferring to staff if guidance is needed.
- Fulfill tasks as directed by staff member such as: Creating animal profiles for adoption book, taking pictures and making phone calls for adoption updates
- Must be 18 or older
- Must be able to professionally represent ACS to the public in a friendly manner
- General use of phones & computers
1 day per/week for at least 2 hours per work day
- Training Provided
How To Apply
If interested, please complete the application which can be found at: http://www.animalcaresanctuary.org/about/volunteer-2/