Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
10 Roath Street
Hawah V. Kamara Children’s Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) community-based organization that provide education and health programs to impact the lives of underprivileged children that attends our partner schools in West Africa, Liberia.
We are looking for one qualified person to be in charge of researching evidence-based assessment instruments to measure literacy and STEM skills for 5th and 6th graders in Liberia. The position requires a flexible time commitment, and the work can be done virtually. Please note that this position requires at least a 6 months to 1-year commitment.
- Conduct research on assessment instruments for 5th-6th grade students in elementary school to support our 21st Century Success program
- Document and create a table in excel to track the psychometric properties of all the tools
- Maintains list of articles and reference page
Skills/ Knowledge Requirement:
- Qualitative research skills
- Searching skills: Google scholar, PubMed, Medline, ERIC or Web of Science
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills; ability to be flexible and solve problems
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 & 2010; Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Social Science, Public Health, Global Studies, International Relation or Education, English/Writing or in any related research field.
How To Apply
What to do:
Please visit our website at www.hvkchildrensfoundation.org go to CAREERS and send us your RESUME, COVER LETTER, any CERTIFICATIONS related to the position.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY RESUME OR COVER LETTER SEND TO OUR EMAIL: YOU MUST USE THE WEBSITE.
Note: The interview process of the position will be face-to-face with our CEO in Worcester, MA.