A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Tutor The Bronx, Inc. is a small north Bronx nonprofit seeking a vital player to join our team. We are currently seeking funding and need the expertise of a Development Specialist/Grant Writer who seeks to help NPO start-ups succeed.
- Grant proposal writing to include writing grant proposals and applications, finding grant opportunities, networking to locate monies, and ideas for grant proposals.
- Assist Development with maintaining a donors and keeping donors informed
- Assist Development with the design of media
- Assist Development with securing corporate sponsorships for events.
- Some data entry and basic development responsibilities
- Planning of Fundraisers, and Events.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 years’ experience in non-profit grant writing, development, community relations
- Experience in writing and preparing grant applications and budgets.
- High level of proficiency required in reading, writing, grammar, and proofreading.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and concepts for start up nonprofits
- Strong interpersonal and intrapersonal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and ability to meet strict deadlines required
- Sense of humor!
- Able to communicate virtually 90% of the time.
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please forward resume (PDF attachment) and short interest statement (in the email body). Please forward a writing sample and statements of grant writing successes.
Be sure to review our website and see our current work, and what we need- based on what you have observed. Please include this recommendation in your email.