Make a REAL difference in Costa Rica with Love Volunteers School Renovation Program
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Love Volunteers
To learn children need a safe and solid environment with the right facilities and resources to help them learn. Schools in Costa Rica are severely under - resourced and volunteers are desperately sought to help maintain existing facilities and to build additional ones. This program allows volunteers to work in the beautiful seaside town of Jaco Beach, on Costa Rica's stunning Pacific coast. The area faces major issues with schools that urgently require work to their facilities. This program offers true assistance to schools by supplying them with an international volunteer labor force that allows them to repair and maintain school facilities that they would otherwise be unable to afford.
Goals of this Project:
- Provide free volunteer labor to maintain school facilities in under-resourced schools in Costa Rica
- Improve the future prospects of the children by supplying them with safe spaces to learn and play
- Expose the locals to new and innovative ideas and a different way of doing things
- Enable inter-cultural exchange which benefits both students and international volunteers alike.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Love Volunteers welcomes all those 18 years and over who wish to have a tangible and lasting impact on the lives of families and communities facing extreme poverty in Costa Rica. This 'hands-on' project is ideally suited to those volunteers with some knowledge and experience in construction or any of the building trades, however the project is open to all and does not require participants to have specific education, qualifications or experience, as you will be shown everything you need to know by your local project leader. Importantly though, all applicants must first and foremost have a genuine willingness to help, be fit and active, show drive and initiative, and bring a positive 'can-do' attitude. If this sounds like you, we want you on the team!