Coordinator: Student Volunteer Groups & Social Enterprise
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Sacred Valley Project
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Sacred Valley Project
Maskabamba S/N - Sector Llactapampa
If you are interested in non-profit management, education, sustainable tourism, social enterprise, customer service, business, youth work, or international development and you speak English and advanced Spanish then this is the volunteer experience for you!
We are looking for a responsible, organized, flexible, and friendly person who likes to meet new people to help us work with student groups and get our on-site bakery up and running.
In exchange, the volunteers will be given a place to stay, as well as the possibility for meals to be covered during their time with us.
The volunteers will have most evenings to themselves and days off to explore the Sacred Valley, go for some incredible hikes, and visit Machu Picchu. January and February are our low season, and volunteers can plan to travel during this time. In addition, volunteers who do an exemplary job will receive letters of recommendation for future positions and a stipend for their work.
Volunteer positions are available to start as early as August 2018 and we ask for at least a 3-month commitment. The position is perfect for couples or travel buddies who want a solid place to stay and to work for a while.
- Administer and manage our social enterprise bakery project at our site in Calca, Peru. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Setting up our program systems at the bakery
- Collaborating and communicating with Sacred Valley Project staff to coordinate best times and practices for the bakery
- Helping put in orders at the bakery
- Assisting with the staff-hiring process
- Plan, organize, and lead Airbnb social impact experience trips with tourists in the Sacred Valley in English
- Be a local representative of the Sacred Valley Project, who is able to answer questions about our NGO and spread the word about our work
- Coordinate and lead 1-2 day student service groups at our sites in Ollantaytambo and Calca. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Arranging lunch, snacks, and water breaks for student groups
- Communicate with tour guides or program leaders before the group’s arrival
- Giving a presentation of work tasks, safety rules, and an overview of the Sacred Valley Project in English to each student group
- Answering a variety of questions about the Sacred Valley Project and Peru
- Facilitating cultural appropriate exchanges between student service groups and our Sacred Valley Project students
- Collaborating with lead foreman to organize work tasks for the day
- Supervising student groups on their service days from approx. 9am - 4pm
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers