Teach Tai Chi in Oakland!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by EBALDC - East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1825 San Pablo Ave Suite 200
As a Tai Chi instructor at EBALDC, you will gain experience teaching seniors and families while providing a much-needed opportunity for residents to improve their health and well-being. This is also an opportunity to better understand community development and social determinants of health in low-income communities.
You'll be responsible for the following aspects of the class:
- Develop and conduct onsite Tai Chi class for interested residents
- Provide careful, safe instruction with attention paid to students’ abilities and limitations
- Plan for classes, help Resident Services Coordinator set up room before and after class
- Work closely with residents to promote wellness and encourage them through the class
What we're looking for:
- Experience teaching Tai Chi
- Ability to speak Mandarin or Cantonese
- Respectful, nonjudgemental demeanor and strong communication skills
- Focus on safe, appropriate movements with special attention paid to students' abilities and limitations
The East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) is a nonprofit community development organization celebrating over 40 years of building healthy, vibrant and safe neighborhoods in Oakland and the greater East Bay. We develop and manage high quality affordable apartments and homes, retail spaces for local small businesses and community centers, while fostering increased economic opportunities for low-income families and individuals. These comprehensive programs help families and individuals begin a path toward financially security and access the resources they need to lead healthy, stable and fulfilling lives.
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available