2019-2020 AmeriCorps VISTA Team Leader
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by United Way of Thurston County AmeriCorps VISTA
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
United Way of Thurston County fights for the health, education and financial stability of all members of our community. We are seeking a VISTA Leader who will work with our Volunteer Engagement Coordinator to assist in the leadership of the VISTA Team, 2019 - 2020.
This position will help develop and facilitate monthly meetings that include trainings, service projects, team celebrations, and networking events; provide ongoing support and mentoring for VISTA members; enhance VISTA recruitment practices; project manage high-volume recruitment processes; develop resources to support VISTA professional and personal skill building; increase the team’s presence on social media; and promote VISTA impact to stakeholders. The VISTA Leader serves as a mediator and support for the VISTA members.
Serving as the VISTA Leader brings you into direct contact with many amazing organizations and people in the community. Our VISTA grant covers up to 7 counties and we are always growing and developing our program. You will be working directly with host sites and VISTA members in Thurston, Pierce, Mason, Lewis, Grays Harbor, Jefferson, and Clallam County.
VISTA Leaders must have served one full term of full-time service in AmeriCorps or Peace Corps. Being an active listener, compassionate, a team player, flexible and supportive of not only UWTC but of the VISTA program's core values is essential to success. Other desired skills include conflict resolution, leadership, writing/editing, recruitment, teamwork, social services background, self-motivated, and strong organizational and communication skills.
Benefits of AmeriCorps VISTA service:
- Bi-weekly living allowance of $564.34 (pre-tax)
- End-of-service award (choice of $6,095 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or approximately $3,000 cash stipend)
- Childcare assistance
- Loan forbearance and interest accrual payment or deferment on qualified student loans
- Transportation and relocation assistance
- Comprehensive leave benefit
- High-quality training, orientation, and professional development
- Non-competitive eligibility (NCE) status upon completion of service
- Unique team experience as part of United Way and AmeriCorps networks
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Email United Way of Thurston County Volunteer Engagement Coordinator, Lindsay Fujimoto, if you are interested in serving as a VISTA Team Leader.