A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Virtual/DPA Storage Unit
Dallas Pets Alive! (DPA) is an animal rescue organization run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas. We focus on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of euthanasia at Dallas Animal Services by rescuing the pets at greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter.
In our rescue program, we focus primarily on the pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services' adoption programs, taking only the healthy and treatable pets who have no other options. Our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education, and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. Our goal is to one day make Dallas a No-Kill city.
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As the Supply & Merchandise Coordinator, you'll manage DPA's merchandise and in-kind donations to ensure we're fully stocked for events and foster needs.
- Maintain inventory of DPA merchandise, including re-purchasing, organizing and inventorying on a regular basis
- Collaborate on new merchandise suggestions with the team and help evaluate the feasibility of purchasing, including research for design and printing
- Maintain inventory of extra event supplies, including restocking, organizing, and inventorying on a regular basis
- Organize and keep an inventory of in-kind donations to be distributed to foster families (food, toys, beds, etc.)
- Coordinate distribution of in-kind donations to foster families
- Keep storage space and event storage bins stocked and cleaned
- Must be proficient with use of email and have regular phone access
- Must have good communication skills, verbal and written
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to visit the DPA storage unit in Deep Ellum monthly (or more frequently as required)
- Must be able to lift and move items up to 40 pounds
- Must have good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must display a positive attitude at all times and present DPA in a positive manner to the public
- Must have HS diploma or higher degree of education
- Knowledge of Google Drive and Google Documents is helpful although not required, training can be provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
To apply to this position, please fill out the application online and reference the job title, Merchandise Coordinator, in the question "Do you have a specific volunteering activity in mind?".