A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Lavender Rights Project
2425 6th Avenue South
The Lavender Rights Project is currently accepting nominations for community members interested in serving on our Board Search Committee, the organizing body that will lead the restructuring, recruitment, and appointment of the organization's new Board of Directors.
The purpose of establishing the Board Search Committee is to have the community drive the direction and development of the Lavender Rights Project and put decision-making power in the hands of community members.
This is an opportunity to make a grassroots organization's Board of Directors community-led, broad in reach, diverse and representative of the community, and sustainable.
- $250-$300 stipend per committee member
- Expected 25-40 hour commitment over 4 months (Sep-Dec)
- Day-long retreat in mid- to late-September
- Engage with community to determine Board priorities
- Recruit, interview, and appoint new Board of Directors
- Ensure representation and equity in leadership
- Increase organization's capacity to serve the community
For more information, visit our blog post: "Call for Nominations: Board Search Committee."
- Stipend Provided
How To Apply
Complete and submit the form on our Board page to nominate a community member. Individuals may nominate themselves. Nominees will be contacted within five (5) business days regarding the nomination and will be invited to participate in a brief phone interview. Applications are due by 5:00pm on Friday, August 17.