Lunch & Learn Program Facilitator
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Future Leaders & Young Entrepreneurs (FLYE)
Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
4301 13th St NW
District of Columbia
Future Leaders & Young Entrepreneurs (FLYE) is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization created to extensively examine how to assist young athletes in placing sports and academic engagement on an equal plane. We do this through: Workshops designed to help youth take what they learn from sports and apply these learnings to other areas of life and Programs that embed within the culture and structure of athletic teams. We are seeking an undergraduate or graduate college volunteer with athletic experience to run a weekly lunch & learn mentoring session with high school student-athletes. Lunch & Learns are 40 min. "safe space" sessions where we discuss topics specifically relevant to student-athletes. Lunch will be provided for volunteer and students as well as reimbursement for travel costs. Our ideal candidate has a passion for mentoring and teaching the youth along with athletic experience at the high school and or collegiate level. For the right candidate, this is a perfect opportunity to: gain real world youth development experience, build comfort with program facilitation, enhance on the job experience and exposure.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have 1-2 years of experience mentoring or tutoring youth ages 14-18.
- Must be a former student-athlete and or coach.
- Comfortable leading discussions and getting others to engage
- Highly competent written and oral communication skills
- Utilize current events and creativity to develop weekly discussion topics and questions.
- Manage student-athlete enrollment and participation in collaboration with school administration and FLYE program management
- Cultivate highly ethical and trusted relationships with participants
- Maintain attendance and participation records
- Conduct post-session surveys (90% participant completion minimum/session)
- Wrap around mentoring/support for participants in conjunction with school administration and FLYE program management (as needed)
- Weekly reports detailing attendance, survey responses, suggestions for wrap around services/support, and other feedback as needed
How To Apply
email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org