A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Mosqoy, a small, international non-profit, is seeking an Event Coordinator to plan and organize annual and biennial fundraisers alongside a team of dedicated volunteers. This leadership opportunity is ideal for a university student who wants to gain invaluable experience with the operations of a charitable organization while honing their organizational and leadership skillset. The ideal candidate is organized and comfortable working with others and leading a team.
Mosqoy is a registered Canadian charitable organization that works in remote communities of the Peruvian Andes, offering opportunities for economic development while nurturing the threatened indigenous Quechua culture. We operate three main programs: the Q’ente Textile Program, which supports indigenous communities and women weavers by revitalizing textile traditions through its social enterprise; the T’ikary Youth Program, which offers promising youth of the region opportunities for post-secondary education; and the Mink’a Knowledge Exchange Program, which aims to raise global awareness and responsibility in schools and universities in North America through courses and presentations, and through our Field School in Peru. For more information, please visit www.mosqoy.org or www.facebook.com/mosqoy.
If you would like to become familiar with the inner-workings of a non-profit and are interested in event planning and gaining contacts in this field, Mosqoy is an ideal opportunity.
- This is a volunteer position
- 5-10 hours per week
- Flexible schedule
- Minimum 1 year commitment
- Location: 620 View St, Victoria, BC V8W 1J6
- Application Deadline: The position will stay open until a suitable candidate is found
- Lead volunteers in the planning and execution of Mosqoy’s annual fundraisers, including event preparation and event delegation, these events include: Biennial Fundraising Gala at the Fairmont Empress, Annual Donor Appreciation Luncheon, and Ride for Refuge
- Build relationships with local businesses and potential sponsors in support of Mosqoy
- Work with volunteer team and delegate tasks accordingly
- Maintain systems for internal communication between Mosqoy event volunteers, as well as systems for communicating with the public
- Oversee the production and sales of Mosqoy fundraising products
- Communication skills; fluency in English
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Event planning experience
- Self-starter, able to work independently
How To Apply
For more information on this position or to apply, please contact our Recruitment Officer at email@example.com. Complete applications consist of a resume/CV and cover letter in English, and names, relation, phone numbers, and emails of three references. Please indicate how you learned about this opportunity. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.