Pathways to Employment AmeriCorps VISTA - Alternatives for Girls #1
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Michigan Nonprofit Association Civic Engagement AmeriCorps VISTA Program
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Alternatives for Girls
903 West Grand Boulevard
Did you know half of Detroit residents haven’t graduated from high school and only 13% have a Bachelor’s degree or higher? Are you interested in helping girls beat these statistics and learn about their post-secondary options? As our VISTA with Alternatives for Girls (AFG), you’ll coordinate multiple opportunities for students and parents to learn about different routes to success. You’ll organize mentoring activities and maintain youth-mentor matches to ensure maximum support for mentees in their educational and occupational pursuits. Ultimately, you’ll assist AFG in helping girls and young women realize college is a viable and accessible option for them and show them that they have the potential to succeed once there.
As our VISTA with AFG you will:
• Develop outreach strategies for students to learn about AFG's college access programming.
• Track educational data of program participants to best meet client needs.
• Coordinate multiple college tours for youth and parents.
• Support mentoring activities and manage and maintain youth to mentor matches.
Program benefits include:
• Living Allowance
• Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend
• Housing Stipend
• Relocation Allowance
• Child assistance if eligible
• Healthcare Allowance*
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided