Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you have experience in seeing the overall picture and then working through all aspects of what a project needs? Do you have a well-rounded maintenance or construction background?
We need you to help us maintain and operate our property, its facilities, and maintenance operations by using your skills in planning, fee structures, and determining our equipment and supply needs.
Oversee the facilities operations and maintenance needs for JAARS buildings and equipment.
- This is a 1.0 FTE (40 hrs.) position for a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be able to work in the US
- Guide and manage the development of center projects
- Identify project specifications, estimate costs, and determine required equipment and supplies
- Oversee the fee structure for maintenance operations
- Bill out materials used, quantity, and costs
- Purchase and dispose of equipment
- Coordinate licensing, insurance, and registration of equipment
- Represent the director at meetings as requested
- Assist Mission Teams with group projects when available
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Well-rounded maintenance background
- Construction experience is a plus
- Management experience helpful
- Good MS Office skills and familiarity with Google applications
- Experience in the business field preferred but not necessary
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
- Housing Available
How To Apply
- Proof of health insurance
- Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- Ages 14–17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are usually available for rent for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020
Volunteers may serve from two weeks to many years. The types of positions available to you will depend on your abilities and especially, the length of your stay. For IT positions, a month of service is required. Longer-term volunteers are important in positions that require task continuity, training, or certifications.