Volunteer Administrative Assistant
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by National Alliance of Research Associate Programs
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and staff support to the general organizational operations. Working under the direct supervision of the COO this position provides all necessary organizational support and is responsible for a variety of other tasks.
This will be done on both a virtual and on-site basis.
Meetings, Appointments, Presentations, Events
• Organize in house meetings, record and distribute meeting minutes and agendas
• Provide meeting support as needed (e.g., scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics)
• Schedule presentations and coordinate necessary materials as requested
• Coordinate materials for meetings and training sessions and other activities of the organization
• Assist in preparation of materials for the Board of Directors
• Assist and participate in specified NARAP events
• Manage calendars
• Assist in maintaining master calendar of in-house meetings.
• Assist. initiate and follow up with correspondence on behalf of the Team
• Keep updated contacts lists
• Assist in maintaining mailing and newsletter contacts programs
• Assist with the completion of filings for the organization
• Assist with the maintenance, update and merge contact lists with mail database
Tasks related to physical office are for future consideration as we operate on a virtual basis at this point
• Research and recommend identified software needs
• General office duties such as typing, bookkeeping, flow of correspondence, filing, requisition of supplies, faxing, etc.
• Booking travel and hotel arrangements as needed.
• Responding to staff requests for administrative support as needed
• Provide support of mailings or coordinating bulk mailing processes
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested with team spirit
• Provide administrative support to staff for copying, faxing and large-scale mailings
• Greet and direct office visitors, answer main office telephone system, respond to direct requests for information and/or forward messages to appropriate staff. Make sure the office is kept in orderly and clean fashion
• Staff liaison for ongoing tenant/landlord matters
• Maintain inventory for office supplies and computer software
• Assist with research and cost comparisons for vendors to maintain cost effectiveness and quality, including technology and computer support.
• Receive and distribute all incoming mailing and coordinate outgoing mail, including courier services, postage meter account, and interoffice mail distribution
• Assist in the updating of the website
• Maintenance of files both virtual and in office and classification and filing of new items
• Provide assistance as needed with research for products and services and product development
• Assist with the design and purchase of marketing materials, business cards, letter head etc.
Skills and Experience
• Minimum one year office administrative support experience is preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under deadlines
• Must have some experience and skilled in the use of software programs such as Microsoft Office and a willingness to learn new software programs.
• Some college preferred.
NARAP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual
is entitled to equal employment opportunity.