A few hours per week
The Girls on the Run® Marketing Chair must possess a passion for and commitment to improving the lives and opportunities of girls in third through eighth grades. The Girls on the Run program provides a safe and interactive way to learn about healthy living which includes an introduction and education on important topics such as goal-setting, cooperation, healthy decision-making, and self-respect, while training for a 5K event. The innovative curriculum teaches girls to listen and open up while also encouraging them to commit to a healthy lifestyle, and harness the inner strength that they possess. Our important mission is accomplished by giving girls the tools to make positive choices for a healthy body and mind, while reducing the many risks they face today.
The Marketing Chair reports to the Board Chair and the Girls on the Run Executive Director. Lead the Board on the overall marketing and communications strategy. Help GOTR team to oversee a consistent and active communication strategy to all stakeholders for the purposes of recruitment, program messaging, fundraising, awareness and branding.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Contribute expertise to assist staff/board in establishing organizational marketing, branding and communication plans and initiatives.
- Build on current GOTR brand and develop creative market outreach programs that will drive new business growth.
- Advise staff/board on strategies and development for various marketing communications channels and web presences including electronic/social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), printed and e-newsletter, PR, website and print collateral.
- Maintain and build relationships with key industry partners and members of the press in conjunction with staff efforts.
- Evaluate effectiveness of marketing initiatives both internally and externally and provide support to staff/board as needed.
- Special Events:
- Implement and manage fundraising events with support of the Director of Strategic Partnerships & Events.
- Work with the Director of Partnerships & Business Development to identify and research potential sponsors; prepare proposals to solicit financial and in-kind contributions.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with existing sponsors and contributors.
- Experience in the marketing, communications, brand development and PR
- Passion for Girls on the Run mission and the ability to comprehend and effectively communicate issues surrounding empowerment, self-esteem, body image and whole-person health
- Graphic design expertise
- Outstanding communication skills in multiple environments and with a range of audiences (internal and external)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and make efficient decisions
- Flexible and adaptable
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- Connections to the local community
- Direct experience developing and implementing marketing strategy
- Experience with development of branding strategies
- Active social media presence and a strong interest in social media
How To Apply
Please email your resume to our Board Chair, Shaina Brown, at the email listed above.