A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
c/o Creative Visions Foundation
18820 Pacific Coast Hwy Suite 201
EOTO World uses the talents of professionals to advance its mission in order to develop effective global youth activists working toward the international agendas aimed at eradicating poverty and building a culture of peace. The organization is looking to bring on a community organizing expert w/ technology skills to its remote-based team.
About Project Exchange
Project Exchange seeks to improve interdisciplinary knowledge of human rights and a culture of peace. We provide free access to tailored resource guides for participants in our global internet forums where activists can learn and cross-collaborate in a secured digital space.
Our forums are open on topics for a limited time with feature video presentations, Q&A with presenters, polls and more. For a small fee, we provide resource guides for specific topics.
The Project Exchange volunteer will direct and ensure the sustainability of well crafted, mission-centered and effective internet forums that advances the strategic direction of the organization. The Project Exchange volunteer may manage a small team to implement strategy that includes a coordinator, an intern and project volunteers as needed.
This role is a part of a volunteer collective and as such, is non-paid. However, compensation is applied through the organization perks and recognition system where points accumulated are redeemed at the end of each fiscal year. The time commitment for this role is flexible and approximately 20 hours per month, including supervision and team meetings. This is a minimum 1-year commitment, renewable on an annual basis.
- Co-develop and manage implementation of strategic program operations
- Develop forum topics and content for resource guides
- Manage the development and maintenance of the forum space
- Advance, monitor and evaluate the impact and reach of the program
- Assist in the recruitment and training of project team members
- Manage and lead project team members as needed
- Provide input and co-management of the program budget
- Coordinate partnerships and act as an Ambassador for the organization as needed
The volunteer will be supported with opportunities for professional development, including access to online and of-line trainings that may be paid by the organization.
EOTO World honors time off with a total of 4 months worth of organization downtime that team members are encouraged to take time to unwind. In addition, requested time off is allotted for up to 2 days out of each month, excluding the 4 months of downtime automatically provided.
- Basic research skills
- Proficient website design, HTML and maintenance skills for WordPress
- Program management and evaluation experience
- Project management experience
- International event planning and/or multi-media campaign execution experiences are a plus
- Frequent, steady internet access, including the ability to participate in video conferencing
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, other languages a strong plus, especially official UN languages
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers