Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Student Series Program - Volunteer Opportunity
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Greater Los Angeles Chapter
Times of day
A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
4929 Wilshire Boulevard
2018 Volunteer Opportunity with LLS Student Series Speaker’s Bureau
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is the world's largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. Our mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Each year, one million students at 900 schools across Los Angeles experience the joy of giving through the LLS Student Series programs including Pennies for Patients, Bring the Change, Collect for Cures, and Students of the Year. These programs inspire students to find cures and help people battling blood cancers. Last year, students in Los Angeles raised one million dollars to help fight blood cancers.
Do you enjoy working with kids? Do you have a few hours during the day to volunteer at schools near your home or work? Are you willing to share your personal story about why you support finding a cure for blood cancers? Please join us! Sign up today to volunteer at schools near you.
1. To help strengthen relationships between the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and local schools.
2. To help inspire students to raise funds to support LLS research and patient services programs.
3. To increase the visibility of LLS in the school community.
1. Speakers share stories and present at school assemblies and school events to inspire and motivate others to raise money for children with blood cancers.
2. Most audiences include students, teachers, and school administrators.
Your Responsibilities and Requirements
1. Attend a 1 hour training where you will be trained on what to do at school assemblies.
2. Submit information so that LLS may perform a background check.
3. Participate in volunteer activities with 2-5 school each year (estimated time commitment is 3 hours per school).
4. Share and tell stories to inspire and motivate students, teachers, and community members towards the mission of LLS.
Fall-Winter Participate in assembly training on 1/18 (mid-day) or 1/23 (evening)
January- April Volunteer at schools in your community
May-June Volunteer Thank You Reception
How To Apply
To apply for a position as a Student Series volunteer, please email or call Angela Scaramella at Angela.Scaramella@lls.org or 310-342-5800.