Opioid-Focused Clinic Coordination VISTA
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by United Way of Thurston County AmeriCorps VISTA
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Capital Recovery Center
1000 Cherry Street Southeast
Want to move the needle on opioid use disorder? Help the new Olympia Bupe Clinic build organizational capacity to bring life-saving treatment to individuals struggling with opioid use disorder.
While opioid addiction affects people of all socio-economic backgrounds, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, “people living in poverty are especially at risk for addiction and its consequences like overdose or spread of HIV.” The Opioid-Focused Clinic Coordination VISTA will fight poverty and its link to opioid addiction in our community by working closely with the leadership team to help design coordination systems for the new Olympia Bupe Clinic. The VISTA will be a key player in building the capacity of the clinic by ensuring that necessary infrastructure and systems are in place to provide services to our patients upon opening and into the future. Tasks will include researching similar projects in other communities, creating a scheduling system for volunteers and providers, identifying and implementing appropriate data collection tools, compiling policies and procedures, helping to design and adapt clinic flow, and participating in evaluation of service provision.
Benefits of AmeriCorps VISTA service:
- Bi-weekly living allowance of $472.22 (pre-tax)
- End-of-service award (choice of $6,095 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or approximately $1,800 cash stipend)
- Childcare assistance
- Loan forbearance and interest accrual payment or deferment on qualified student loans
- Transportation and relocation assistance
- Comprehensive leave benefit
- High-quality training, orientation, and professional development
- Non-competitive eligibility (NCE) status upon completion of service
- Unique team experience as part of United Way and AmeriCorps networks
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Apply in the myAmeriCorps portal through the link.