A few hours per week
194 Washington Ave ste 620
Put your eye for design to work for reproductive rights! Planned Parenthood Empire State Acts (PPESA) is looking for skilled graphic designers to help bring our message to New York State. Volunteers will create branded graphics and templates for social media campaigns, promotional materials, events and other projects. Volunteers should be working towards a Graphic Design degree or in the field, and possess a modern design sensibility, the ability to work within brand guidelines, and able to demonstrate examples of designing digital content.
Several social media campaigns will run throughout the year centered on reproductive health and access issues as well as New York State specific legislation.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating compelling graphics for a variety of issue and legislative campaigns, including reusable templates sized for various platforms and uses.
- Adhering to brand guidelines, including creative standards, style guides and color palettes, to produce designs that align with existing digital content.
- Working independently while coordinating with PPESA staff and others as needed.
Experience and qualifications include:
- Understanding of design requirements for various digital media (social, web, etc.)
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop.
- A high level of attention to detail and organization, with the ability to accept input.
A minimum commitment of five hours per week for a three-month period is required.
Volunteers will have the flexibility to work from PPESA’s offices—conveniently located in downtown Albany—or remotely on weekdays or weekends. For on-site work, a Mac with InDesign will be provided. If working remotely, volunteers should have Abode Creative Suite licensed and installed on their personal computers.
To apply, please submit a brief cover letter, resume and links to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.